How to Renew Your PRC License from Abroad

Do you have a license from the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) in the Philippines? Have you been wondering if it is possible to have it renewed even if you are abroad?

If you answered “yes” to both questions, then this article is for you. You can renew your PRC license from abroad — provided that you have a friend or relative in the Philippines who can process it on your behalf. Read on to know the requirements and procedure for PRC license renewal.

It is possible to renew your PRC license, even from abroad.

Guide to Renewing Your PRC License from Abroad

Before going to the PRC main office or to any of their regional offices, make sure that your representative has the following requirements:

  • Duly accomplished Renewal Form from the Registration Division of PRC (check “RENEWAL”)
  • Two passport-size photos in white background, with your name tag
  • Photocopy of your recent PRC license
  • Letter authorizing the representative to renew on your behalf
  • Valid ID of the authorized representative
  • Corresponding fees for the license renewal
Image Credit:

At the PRC main or regional office, your authorized representative shall:

#1 – Submit the renewal form, photos, authorization letter, and other requirements to the Registration Division.

#2 – Pay the renewal fee at the Cashier. Make sure to keep the official receipt!

#3 – Receive the claim slip, which indicates the schedule for claiming the PRC license.

#4 – On the scheduled date, present the claim slip and official receipt to the Registration Division.

#5 – Sign the acknowledgement receipt upon receiving the renewed PRC license.

Image Credit:

NOTE — If you belong to any of the following professions, you may need to present a certificate of membership or certificate of good standing from your respective Accredited Professional Organization (APO):

  • Agricultural Engineer
  • Architect
  • Customs Broker
  • Electrical Engineers
  • Electronics Engineer
  • Geodetic Engineer
  • Guidance Counselor
  • Interior Designer
  • Landscape Architect
  • Mechanical Engineer
Don’t forget to make an authorization letter for your representative!

That’s how easy it is! As long as you have the requirements and a representative in the Philippines, you can renew your PRC license, even from abroad. For more information, visit the official PRC website at

Leave a Comment