Bahrain is the home of many of our OFWs in the Middle East. There are also Filipino families who have been living in the country for quite a number of years. For Filipinos who need to apply or renew their respective Philippine Passports, you can follow the guide below so you’ll have an idea on how to process renewal of your passport in Manama, Bahrain.
Please check out the guide on how to apply for a renewal of your passport. After all, during your days off while applying, you don’t want to go back and forth due to lack of requirements or not knowing the procedure. So please be guided accordingly.
Step by Step Guide to Apply for Renewal of Philippine Passport in Manama, Bahrain
Please be advised that there is no way to expedite the process of the Philippine passports. The actual passport is printed in Manila, Philippines so it will take some time for it to be delivered to the country.
Therefore, it is important that you apply for a renewal at least 9 months before expiration of your document. While the passport is being processed, you will still be able to keep using your current passport. So please be aware of this process.
Points to Remember:
- Physical appearance at the embassy
- Application Form (Filled Out) – Download Here
- Most Recent Passport
- Photocopy of passport page (Personal Data) and the last page with the signature of the signing officer
- Passport Fee of BD 25.00
- Be on proper attire: No Sleeveless, No Slippers
PROCESSING THE RENEWAL
- There is no definite process advised by the embassy website. Therefore, it is wiser to coordinate with them for any further instruction. But just a tip, you need to make an appearance at the Embassy and during your appearance, you should bring the required documents.
- After the appearance, you will wait for 4-8 weeks for the passport to be released.
- Claim the passport once it is ready for pick-up.
- Always prepare all your documents before you come to the embassy to avoid any inconvenience.
- Be at the embassy early as it is expected that there are other kabayans who will process theirs as well.
- As usual, the process begins by queuing up to windows for data verification, encoding, photo taking & payment. Double check all the information you have provided for the data encoding & verification to avoid any hassle during the process and extra charges for the correction.
- Passport may be ready after 1-2 months. You can check the PE Bahrain for the list of the ready passport so you can save time instead of going to the embassy immediately. You can click this link for the list of the ready to pick up passports.
- Claiming of Passport. Bring all your documents to avoid any hassle. Make sure to bring your receipts and photocopies and old passport in case they need it.
Other Useful Articles:
- For Lost Passport Replacement, For Application of Newborn Passport, To Report Marriage & Notary services
- List of Ready to release Passports.
The Philippine Embassy – Bahrain
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Villa No. 939, Road No. 3220, Block 332, Mahooz, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain – Location Map
Postal Address: P.O. Box 26681, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
Telephone Number: +97317721234 (4 Lines)
Working Hours: Sundays thru Thursdays 8:00AM to 5:00PM (Except Holidays)
Google Map Location:
Below is a map guide to the location of the Philippine Embassy in Manama, Bahrain for your reference: